Saturday, July 6, 2013

Owl Rosette

Wow, I can not believe it is already July and the summer is half way over. Since it will not be long before we are hearing those school bells ringing I want to use the rest of the summer to make some things for my classroom. Last year I decided to do a theme in my classroom. I went with a polka dot and owl theme. So this week I made an owl rosette to hang in my classroom next year.
I love the way it turned out and can't wait to make more of them to hang around my classroom.

Directions for Owl Rosette:
To make the rosette I cut a piece of 12 X 12 scrapbook paper into three strips that were 4 X 12. I then made score marks every 1/2 inch along all three pieces and folded the three pieces in and out like making a fan. Next I glued the three strips together making a circle. I then pushed the circle together and hot glued it in the middle. I decided to use the colors mint, purple, and pink for the center decorative piece. I cut the mint scallop circle at 3 inches and the purple circle at 2.5 inches using Cricut Craftroom Basics. The owl was cut at 2 inches from the Create a Critter 2 Cricut Cartridge using the colors pink (body), mint (wings, ears, & belly), white (eyes), yellow (feet & beak), and black (pupil of eyes).

Here are a couple more pictures of the owl rosette:



 
I hope you like and can use this idea in your own classroom. 
Thanks for visiting!







No comments:

Post a Comment